Academic Excellence Scholarships
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- How do students apply?
- Decision makers
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
Closing dates for applications
Next: 29 February 2020
Length of award
Number of awards offered
Purpose of award
If you are currently a New Zealand secondary school student and you have consistently achieved high marks throughout your education, then you should definitely consider applying for a Media Design School Academic Excellence Scholarship.
To be eligible to apply for an Academic Excellence Scholarship, you must:
* Have finished Year 12 and be in the process of completing Year 13 at a New Zealand school;
* Apply for the first year of the Bachelor of Creative Technologies (Game Art);Bachelor of Software Engineering (Game Programming); Bachelor of Media Design (February intake only); or the Bachelor of Art and Design. Please note that one Media Design School Academic Excellence Scholarship will be awarded for each of these qualifications.
* Demonstrate the potential for academic excellence at degree-level by providing your Academic Transcript;
* If you are applying for the Bachelor of Creative Technologies, Bachelor of Media Design, or the Bachelor of Art and Design you will need to supply a portfolio demonstrating your artistic ability.
Applicants must be New Zealand Citizens or Permanent Residents.
How do students apply?
To be eligible for this scholarship, you will need to explicitly state that you are applying for this scholarship in your Letter of Intent, which is part of your official Media Design School application.
It would be beneficial for you to highlight any notable academic achievements in digital design (or a related field) in your Letter of Intent.
The submissions will be judged by Media Design School’s Academic and Admissions Panel, which will consist of representatives from the degree that the student is applying for as well as members from the Admissions department. The Academic and Admissions Panel’s determination of the scholarship recipients will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
Pasifika Student Liaison Advisor
Media Design School
Media Design School, Media Design Centre, 92 Albert St, Auckland, New Zealand
+64 9 303 0402
+64 9 303 0646
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in December 2019.