Fuji Xerox AUT Undergraduate Scholarship
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Closing dates for applications
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
$6,500 for 2018 and 2019$6,750 for 2020 and 2021
Closing dates for applications
Next: 1 December 2019
Available annually until 2021.
Length of award
One year of full time study following the year of application.
Number of awards offered
Purpose of award
In order to support and encourage education and the acquisition of new skills and knowledge Fuji Xerox has partnered with AUT to provide undergraduate scholarships to students who have achieved highly during their first or second year of study in the Bachelor of Design, Bachelor of Visual Arts, Bachelor of Creative Technologies or the Bachelor of Communication Studies in a full-time programme of study at Auckland University of Technology (AUT).. Students studying the conjoint Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Design, Bachelor of Visual Arts, Bachelor of Creative Technologies or the Bachelor of Communication Studies programmes are also eligible to apply.
• Applicants must be New Zealand Citizens or Permanent Residents of at least two years’ standing.
• Applicants must have achieved a minimum of an A- (GPA 7.0) average in the year of application.
• Applicants must be enrolling in the second or third year of the AUT Bachelor of Design, Bachelor of Visual Arts, Bachelor of Creative Technologies or the Bachelor of Communication Studies in a full-time programme of study at AUT. Students studying the conjoint Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Design, Bachelor of Visual Arts, Bachelor of Creative Technologies or the Bachelor of Communication Studies are also eligible.
• Applicants who have been awarded the scholarship in a previous year are eligible to apply for a second year.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
• The offer of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme of 120 points Semester 1. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
• The scholarship cannot be held with any other fees scholarship.
• The Scholarship cannot be deferred.
• Recipients who withdraw from study during the year are required to notify the Scholarships Office of their withdrawal. If the Office is not notified prior to the date for withdrawal with a refund the scholar may be required to refund the scontribution.
How do students apply?
Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria and apply online to the application portal available in early October of the year of application from the AUT Scholarships database www.aut.ac.nz/scholarships Applicants will be required to upload the following documents:
• A one-page personal statement why the selection panel should award this scholarship to you. The statement should include your career aspirations and academic goals.
• A brief two-page CV listing achievements and activities under the following headings: Academic, Positions of Responsibility, Sporting and/or Cultural and Community involvement.
How and when do students learn of the decision?
As soon as possible after the closing date.
The successful applicant will be selected by a panel including representatives from Fuji Xerox and Auckland University of Technology.
History or background of award
Fuji Xerox, an internationally known technology company has a culture built on loyalty, innovation, integrity and diversity. Fuji Xerox has a passion for supporting young people and giving them a head start in life.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in September 2019.