Victoria Equity Grants For Students From Refugee Backgrounds
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Closing dates for applications
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- Additional information
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
Up to $2000
Closing dates for applications
Next: 9 February 2022
Length of award
Number of awards offered
Minimum of two grants per year.
Purpose of award
These grants are to assist students from refugee backgrounds who experience financial challenges to undertaking study at Victoria University.
* Open to all new and returning students enrolled in a degree programme at Victoria University.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
The Grants will be awarded on the basis of financial need and satisfactory academic commitment and progress.
* Factors taken into consideration when assessing financial need could include - high course costs, high transport costs, medical conditions or a disability preventing part-time work, family to support in New Zealand or overseas, any other relevant circumstances.
How do students apply?
A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Regulations and Scholarship page
How and when do students learn of the decision?
Short listed candidates may be contacted for a brief interview.
The Grants are administered by Financial Support and Advice, Student Academic Services.
History or background of award
The grants are funded from the Student Assistance Scheme, and were established in 2012.
The Grants are intended to assist with ongoing costs related to study. They are not intended for tuition fees. The student is expected to be claiming all other available funding; ie Student Loan.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
The Scholarships Office
Victoria University of Wellington
PO Box 600, Wellington 6140, New Zealand
+64 4 463 5557
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in November 2020.