International Student Scholarships
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Closing dates for applications
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- Additional information
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
Closing dates for applications
Next: 29 February 2020
Length of award
The International Student Scholarship offers recipients up to NZ$5,000 applied to your first year of tuition fees at Media Design School.
Number of awards offered
One available for each of 3 specified degree routes
Purpose of award
If you currently live overseas and are thinking of studying with Media Design School, then this scholarship will help contribute to the costs associated with studying abroad.
To be eligible for the International Student Scholarship you must:
· Be considered an international student;
· Apply for any one of Media Design School’s Bachelor degree programmes;
· Demonstrate the potential for academic excellence by providing your Academic Transcript;
· If you are applying for the Bachelor of Creative Technologies, Bachelor of Media Design (February) or the Bachelor of Art and Design degree programmes, you will need to supply a portfolio demonstrating your artistic ability;
· Provide evidence of English language proficiency by supplying a valid IELTS (Academic) certificate (or equivalent) of 6.0 overall.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
This scholarship is not open to New Zealand Citizens or Permanent Residents.
The Scholarship Recipients are responsible for organising their own international travel.
The Scholarship Recipients MUST have valid documentation, including but not limited to valid passports and Visas, which meet the requirements of Immigration New Zealand and/or other New Zealand government authorities.
How do students apply?
Applicants must clearly state in their Letter of Intent that they are applying for a Media Design School International Scholarship and indicate which intake they would like to be eligible for.
How and when do students learn of the decision?
Scholarships available: One (1) $5,000 scholarship for each of Bachelor of Art and Design, Bachelor of Creative Technologies and Bachelor of Software Engineering.
The submissions will be judged by Media Design School’s Academic and Admissions Panel.
History or background of award
Students come to Auckland, New Zealand, from all over the world to study with Asia-Pacific's No.1 digital design school.
All entries will be judged solely on the merit of the student’s portfolio, academic excellence, and ability to fulfil Media Design School’s entry and English language requirements.
The Academic and Admissions Panel’s determination of the scholarship recipients will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
Pasifika Student Liaison Advisor
Media Design School
Media Design School, Media Design Centre, 92 Albert St, Auckland, New Zealand
+64 9 303 0402
+64 9 303 0646
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in December 2019.