Manakau Institute of Technology - Maori and Pasifika Trades Training Scholarships
On this page
- Closing dates for applications
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- History or background of award
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
Closing dates for applications
Purpose of award
Māori and Pasifika Trades Training (MPTT) is an initiative to encourage young Māori and Pasifika people to gain trade qualifications, New Zealand apprenticeships and employment.
You will be eligible for an MPTT MIT Scholarship if:
- You are of NZ Māori or Pasifika descent and aged between 16-40 years old; and
- You are a New Zealand Permanent Resident or New Zealand Citizen; and
- You are enrolled into an approved MPTT programme at MIT.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
You will be required to attend a discussion with the Māori & Pasifika Trades Training Office prior to approval of your Scholarship. Once we have received all the required documents i.e. completed/signed forms + current CV, you will then be advised of the various dates and times that we’re available to meet with you.
Once you’ve started your classes, you will be required to attend an Auckland MPTT Whanaungatanga / Trade
Sector Induction Event as per the terms & conditions of this Scholarship. All Scholarship recipients are required to adhere to the following terms and conditions:
- Attend ALL MPTT “Work-Readiness” Workshops/Discussions as and when required.
- Maintain regular contact with the MIT MPTT Office
- Maintain regular contact with your MPTT Navigator
- Attendance and participation in MPTT events and projects as and when required by the MPTT Office
- Fully consent to MIT staff informing the person I’ve nominated to act as my Recommended Support Person or Organisation and Navigator of my academic progress when required.
How do students apply?
You may apply for the MPTT Scholarship at any time however, no further action will be taken until you have applied, been accepted and enrolled into your programme of study first. Late applications up to six months after you have commenced your study will be considered and will be based on your overall performance but subject to discussions with the MPTT Navigators before final approval is granted.
Return your completed MPTT Scholarship Application form, Recommended Support Person or Organisation form and CV to:
Manukau Institute of Technology
Māori and Pasifika
Trades Training Office
Private Bag 94006
Application Form and Regulations
History or background of award
At Manukau Institute of Technology we offer hardship and financial assistance grants to students facing severe financial difficulty.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
Student Support Advisor (Maori)
Manukau Institute of Technology
Private Bag 94 006, MANUKAU CITY, Manukau City 2240
(09) 968 8000 | ext 7062
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in January 2021.