AUT Accommodation Scholarship - Disability, Deaf or Rainbow
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Closing dates for applications
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- Additional information
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
See additional information
Closing dates for applications
Next: 17 June 2022
Length of award
One semester only.
Number of awards offered
Up to 60
Purpose of award
The scholarship guarantees accommodation at AUT’s Te Āhuru Mayoral Drive student accommodation facility located minutes from the AUT city campus, regardless of whether you currently live in Auckland, or beyond. The student accommodation offers a safe and secure location with an on-site pastoral care programme and 24/7 concierge. Say goodbye to travel expenses and long commutes and get ready to build lasting friendships and study with like-minded students.
The scholarship will be paid directly to AUT’s Te Āhuru Mayoral Drive student accommodation facility operated by Unilodge.
Domestic and international students may apply if all other eligibility criteria are met.
Applicants for the AUT Accommodation Scholarship – Disability, Deaf or Rainbow must:
1. Be registered in Arion as a Disability or Rainbow student.
2. Be either:
a) applying for the first time to enrol at AUT starting Semester 2, 2022; or
b) be a graduate enrolling in a new programme of postgraduate study starting Semester 2, 2022; or
c) have enrolled for the first time at AUT starting Semester 1, 2022 but face barriers to continuing their study in Semester 2, 2022.
3. Applicants must have applied for and received an offer of place (conditional or unconditional) to a full-time programme of study (120 points) at pre-degree, undergraduate or postgraduate degree level (excluding doctoral) commencing Semester 2, 2022 or if applying under barriers to study criteria then commencing Semester 1, 2022.
4. Applicants must agree to a Residential Contract to reside at Te Āhuru Mayoral Drive student accommodation facility.
5. If awarded, applicants must be Covid-19 fully vaccinated or willing to become fully vaccinated should NZ Government, AUT or Accommodation provider settings require vaccination.
6. If awarded, applicants will be asked to provide documentation confirming tuition fee payment is covered for semester 2, 2022. This confirmation can include fees free, student loan or alternate arrangements.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
Refer to the Regulations.
Recipients must be Covid-19 fully vaccinated or willing to become fully vaccinated should NZ Government, AUT or Accommodation Provider require vaccination.
How do students apply?
Applications are open 6th May 2022 and close when all 60 places are filled. Applicants must complete the AUT Accommodation Scholarship – Disability, Deaf or Rainbow Application online through the AUT Scholarships Database from this link.
Applicants will be required to upload:
1. Offer of Place in a pre-degree, undergraduate or postgraduate programme of study commencing Semester 2, 2022 or Semester 1, 2022 (barriers to continuing study).
2. Personal statement (maximum 500 words) outlining their academic goals, career aspirations and connections or contributions to disability or Rainbow networks. Applicants applying under the barriers to continued study must outline those barriers and how the scholarship will assist their continued attendance at university.
How and when do students learn of the decision?
Applicants will be advised of the outcome by the AUT Scholarships Office.
The scholarship will be awarded to those applicants who study at the AUT City campus, South campus or North Shore campus. The panel will include AUT Student Hub Disability and Rainbow representatives.
History or background of award
The AUT Accommodation Scholarship – Disability, Deaf or Rainbow is designed to support students who are enrolling in an AUT undergraduate or postgraduate programme for the first time in Semester 2, 2022 or were new to their programme of study start of Semester 1, 2022 but face barriers to continuing their study in Semester 2, 2022. The scholarship recognises the impacts of Covid 19 for students entering tertiary study, aiming to reduce the burden of living and travel expenses while completing full-time study at AUT for the first time.
Please read the Regulations from link on this page.
The scholarship is paid as full weekly rental at Te Āhuru Mayoral Drive student accommodation facility for Semester 2, 2022. The scholarship is for one room, self-catered for a single resident. The scholarship does not cover accommodation application fee, student residential life fee, or other costs associated with accommodation services.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in May 2022.