Fehl Music Scholarship
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Closing dates for applications
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- Additional information
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
*See additional information
Closing dates for applications
Next: 1 July 2019
Length of award
Number of awards offered
• Students are selected on the basis of academic merit, future potential, commitment to music, and demonstrated financial need.
• Students must be New Zealand citizens or permanent residents.
• Students must be enrolled full time in their second or third year of an undergraduate degree at the New Zealand School of Music.
• The scholarship may be held concurrently with any other award or grant as long as the terms of that award of grant permit.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
There are no conditions attached to the acceptance of this award, but students are expected to write a letter of thanks to the donor to show their appreciation.
How do students apply?
Applicants are required to:
- Complete the online application form which is available here.
- Provide evidence of financial need, e.g. Mystudylink including eligibility for Student Allowance, WINZ benefit.
- Attach a one-page personal statement to share your story, to explain what music means to you and your aims for a career in music.
- Applicants (other than those who have completed all of their study at the New Zealand School of Music) must include a certified copy of those academic records from other institutions.
- Provide a reference from an academic member of staff at the New Zealand School of Music.
The scholarship will be awarded by Victoria University of Wellington upon the recommendation of a selection committee comprising of the Head of the New Zealand School of Music (or nominee), one member of academic staff from NZSM, as appointed by the Head of School, and one representative of the Fehl Trust. Victoria University of Wellington is not obliged to make an award in any year if there is no candidate of sufficient merit.
History or background of award
This scholarship is designed to help support deserving New Zealand School of Music undergraduate students who are in financial need.
*Up to the value of $7,500, subject to funds available. The scholarship will be paid in one instalment in the second semester.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
The Scholarships Office
Victoria University of Wellington
PO Box 600, Wellington 6140, New Zealand
+64 4 463 5557
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in April 2019.