NZFDC - The John and Betty Rose Advanced Learning Scholarship
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- Additional information
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
Up to $1,000.
Closing dates for applications
Next: 31 January 2022
Length of award
Number of awards offered
Purpose of award
To help profoundly deaf children to move into tertiary education.
To be eligible for the scholarship, the applicant must be deaf or hard of hearing.
* Proof of hearing loss must be included with this application.
* Proof of hearing loss may be a copy of an audiogram, a letter from an Audiologist, or Doctor confirming permanent hearing loss.
The applicant must:
* provide proof of registration to a recognised New Zealand tertiary institution;
* include contact details of two referees;
* attach a recent photo of the applicant;
* be a financial member, or the parents of the applicant must be a financial member, of an affiliated Parent Group or may apply to become an associate member of NZFDC in accordance with our constitution.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
The recipient will provide NZFDC with a minimum of two progress reports during the scholarship year. The Final report will include an official end of year report showing the applicant's results.
The recipient will provide:
* copy of an official end of year report showing their examination results;
* a report showing how the scholarship was used.
Failure to provide these reports will work against the recipient receiving any further support from NZFDC.
How do students apply?
Download the Application Form here.
* The applicant must include contact details of two referees' * A photo of the applicant is to be attached to the application. *The applicant must provide proof of registration to a recognised New Zealand tertiary institution.
All applications to be posted to:
New Zealand Federation for Deaf Children Inc
How and when do students learn of the decision?
The Federation Executive Committee will select the scholarship winners, forwarding their confirmation letter/s and award within 30 days of the award decision/s.
NZFDC Executive Committee.
History or background of award
The Advanced Learning Scholarship is a Grant to post secondary students who are attending a recognised New Zealand tertiary institution. John Rose was formerly President of the Federation for Deaf Children.
Please note - for all financial assistance, families MUST be financial members of an affiliated Parent Group.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in November 2020.