William Lomis Cox Memorial Scholarship
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Closing dates for applications
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
At the discretion of Trustees
Closing dates for applications
Next: 28 February 2020
We expect to call for application’s again in late 2019 for the 2020 Academic year.
Length of award
Awards are tenable for the first and subsequent years of tertiary study.
However students must lodge a full application for each year they wish to be considered for a scholarship.
Number of awards offered
Dependant on funding and number of applications.
Purpose of award
The William Lomas Cox Memorial Scholarship supports Whakatane area students who wish to train as teachers, with emphasis on social science subjects.
The scholarship is open to students who...
• normally reside in the Whakatane district
• have attended Trident or Whakatane High Schools for at least 1 year
• intend to enter the primary or secondary teaching profession
• are about to commence their first year of tertiary study
• have a course of study which includes social science subjects (for example, anthropology, economics, geography, history, philosophy, psychology, political, science, sociology).
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
Conditions are set out on the application form.
How do students apply?
The Trident and Whakatane High School offices have application forms available to students from the beginning of Term 4.
Completed application form must be received by the Year 13 Dean or staff member responsible for scholarships by 28 February (the following year) who will then forward the application to Public Trust.
Regulations and Application
How and when do students learn of the decision?
Students who have applied will be advised by the Committee's decision within 7-10 days of the date that the Advisory Committee meets to consider the applications.
Applications are considered by a small Advisory Committee which meets as soon as practicable after the closing date to consider the applications.
History or background of award
The Scholarships are funded from the Cox estate farm on the outskirts of Whakatane, one of 34 rural properties administered by Public Trust' National Farm centre.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
Client Manager Charitable Services
firstname.lastname@example.org, New Zealand
0800 371 471
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in April 2019.