Rural Women New Zealand Education Fund
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Closing dates for applications
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- Additional information
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
Up to $500.00
Closing dates for applications
Next: 1 July 2021
The closing dates for applications are 1st March and 1st July.
Length of award
Number of awards offered
Purpose of award
Rural Women New Zealand wishes to offer people the opportunity to extend their education or training in order to improve their level of skills.
• Grants will be available to any person over 25 years of age
• The applicant will need to indicate the benefit of the study to the wider community as well as to their personal development
• Any short or long term course offered by a recognised education provider is eligible
• Preference will be given to those who live in smaller centres or rural areas
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
The committee reserves the right to later check with you on the outcome of the study. A brief Report of progress will be required after 6 months.
How do students apply?
Applications must be made on the official Rural Women New Zealand form available on the website or below.
The application must include:
* Two written references (one must be a Rural Women New Zealand member)
* Acceptance of enrolment
* Budget of course costs.
How and when do students learn of the decision?
The application will be acknowledged when it is received. You will be notified of the decision.
Rural Women New Zealand Bursary Committee
History or background of award
Rural Women New Zealand Bursaries and Grants are available each year to assist with education, learning and personal development; for community projects and activities; the purchase of resources; and in times of natural disaster, all which benefits the rural community.
For inquiries, contact
Rural Women New Zealand
PO Box 12-021
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
Rural Women New Zealand
PO Box 12-021, Wellington, 6144, New Zealand
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in December 2020.