Wairoa Waikaremoana Māori Trust Board Scholarships
- Nga Puhi Education Scholarships: Bachelor's Degree
- Ngapuhi Education Scholarships: Pre-University/Tertiary Entry Certificate/Diploma
- Waikato-Tainui Tertiary Education Grant
- Kaingaroa Timberlands Kaitiaki O Te Ngahere Scholarship
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Closing dates for applications
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- Additional information
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
Closing dates for applications
Next: 14 March 2019
Apply before 14 March each year.
Length of award
Number of awards offered
One or more
Purpose of award
Available for tertiary study - second or subsequent year of full time study.
Members of the Ngati Kahungunu living in the Wairoa District.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
Persons who can whakapapa to a person in the Ngati Kahungunu portion of the list of owners in Lake Waikaremoana compiled by the Māori Land Court in 1950. A copy of this list is available for inspection at the Wairoa Waikaremoana Māori Trust Board Office, Marine Parade West, Wairoa, or posted to your residence at a cost of $5.00.
How do students apply?
Application form available from the Contact details provided.
How and when do students learn of the decision?
Applicants are notified of the decision after 14th March.
Wairoa-Waikaremoana Māori Trust Board Sub Committee.
History or background of award
To assist members of Ngati Kahungunu living in the Wairoa District and the descendants Ngati Kahungunu owners in the bed of Lake Waikaremoana, in their second or subsequent year of fulltime tertiary education.
Parent of Guardian (who meet the criteria) can apply on behalf of their child/ren attending a tertiary institute (child must be under 20 years of age).
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
Wairoa-Waikaremoana Maori Trust Board
Box 162, Wairoa
(06) 838 8262
(06) 838 7851
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in January 2019.