The Deane Music Scholarship
- Hiwinui Heke Māori Pharmacy Scholarship
- J H Mitchell Takitimu Memorial Scholarship
- Maori Emerging Talent Scholarships
- Wairakei Charitable Trust
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- Additional information
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
$40,000. See additional informationfor further details.
Closing dates for applications
Next: 31 October 2018
Length of award
Up to three years, subject to maintaining a B average GPA
Number of awards offered
· Applicants must be of Māori or Pasifika descent
· Applicants must be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
· Applicants must be intending to enrol on a full time undergraduate course at the New Zealand School of Music
· Applicants must be experiencing financial hardship
· Students must maintain a B average GPA in order to retain the scholarship for the full tenure
· Preference will be given to a Māori or Pasifika student experiencing financial disadvantage
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
· This scholarship may not be held in conjunction with other full fee-paying awards
· Students are asked to write a letter of thanks to the donor
How do students apply?
Student apply through the online application link below.
Applicants must include:
· A personal statement detailing how this scholarship will impact your studies
· Some evidence of financial hardship, such as a recent bank statement
· A copy of the candidate’s school testimonial signed by the Principal (or nominee).
How and when do students learn of the decision?
The successful applicant will be notified once the selection process is complete following the application deadline.
The recipient will be selected by a committee of three people comprising of the Head of School of the NZSM, or their nominee, along with two other members of academic staff, in consultation with the donor.
History or background of award
This award was established to support a talented Māori or Pasifika musician during their studies at Victoria University of Wellington, who otherwise may not be able to attend university due to financial disadvantage.
Payment of the scholarship will follow a three year plan: $10,000 in the first year ($5,000 toward accommodation and $5,000 stipend); $15,000 in the second and third years ($5,000 toward fees, $5,000 toward accommodation and $5,000 stipend).
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
The Scholarships Office
Victoria University of Wellington
PO Box 600, Wellington 6140, New Zealand
+64 4 463 5557
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in August 2018.