Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei Tertiary Education Grant
- LIANZA Rua Mano Scholarship
- Hauraki Māori Trust Board Education Grants
- Kawerau A6 Scholarship
- Maniapoto Maori Trust Board: Sister Grace Scholarship
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Closing dates for applications
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- Additional information
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
$500 - $4000 (by lebels exact details listed below)
Closing dates for applications
Next: 31 May 2019
Apply during your year of study
Length of award
Number of awards offered
Purpose of award
Education grants are available to assist students of Ngati Whatua Orakei descent. Grants can now be paid to whanau living overseas.
To be eligible all applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- One application per applicant per year
- Be a child of a registered Ngati Whatua Orakei hapu member
- Must complete all compulsory sections of this form and sign the Declaration
- Provide any required documentation.
All applicants are to be proven descendants of Tuperiri. The applicant is the recipient of the grant. The applicant must be a child of a registered Ngāti Whātua Ōrākei hapū member or a registered Ngāti Whātua Ōrakei hapū member if 18 years old or older. The applicant must be enrolled in a formal education institution in Tertiary.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
What is the value of each grant?
Early Childhood Education: $300.00
Primary (Yr 0 – 8): $300.00
Secondary (yr 9 – 15): $300.00
Training & Vocational full-time: $500.00
Certificate/Diploma full-time: $500.00
Undergraduate Degree full-time: $1,000.00
Post-Graduate Degree full-time: $1,500.00
Masters full-time: $4,000.00
PHD full-time: $5,000.00
How do students apply?
How do I apply for an education grant? You can make an application through the online form and hardcopy application forms. You can call 0508 NW Orakei (69672533) for a hardcopy form to be sent to you, download the from <> or collected a form from the following locations:
– 230 Kupe Street, Ōrākei
– Ōrākei Marae, 59B Kitemoana Street, Ōrākei
– 32 Mahuhu Cres, Quay Park, Auckland City.
How and when do students learn of the decision?
How long will an education grant application take to process and be paid? If all criteria is met, the application will be processed and paid to the nominated bank account within 10 working days of receipt of application.
Will I be notified of the application process? You will be notified at each critical stage of the application process via email. You can also call 0508 NW Orakei (69672533) to get an update. Please ensure you have your application reference number to assist us in finding your details.
Ngati Whatua orakei Trustees.
History or background of award
Ngati Whatua Orakei aims to be actively involved in education.
Ngati Whatua Orakei beneficiaries only need apply.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in March 2019.