VBS Alumni Appeal Hardship Scholarship for Pasifika Students
- Toloa Scholarships for Pacific STEM Scholars
- Awarua Trust Scholarship
- New Zealand Pacific Scholarships
- New Zealand Regional Development Scholarships
On this page
- What does the scholarship get me?
- Length of award
- Number of awards offered
- Purpose of award
- Selection criteria
- What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
- How do students apply?
- How and when do students learn of the decision?
- Decision makers
- History or background of award
- Additional information
- For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
What does the scholarship get me?
$5,000 to be paid in two instalments
Closing dates for applications
Next: 15 September 2019
Length of award
Number of awards offered
Purpose of award
Scholarships for study in the following year will be awarded to students enrolled in a Victoria Business School undergraduate degree (BCOM or BTM) and who are facing financial hardship. Scholarships will be awarded at $5,000 (to be paid in two instalments: one payment of $3,000 and a later payment of $2,000 at the end of the year) and can be used towards tuition fees or paid as a stipend.
- Applicants must be enrolling in their second year of undergraduate study, having previously completed at least 80 points at 100 level at Victoria University
- Applicants but be enrolled in a BCOM or BTM
- Applicants must be of Pasifika descent or ethnicity
- Applicants must be experiencing financial hardship
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
• Applicants must maintain a B average.
• The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with another award.
• The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
• Should the recipient withdraw during the year partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
• At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.
How do students apply?
• Complete the online application available from the link below.
• Attach evidence of association to a Pacific Island.
• Attach evidence of financial hardship.
• Attach a one-page personal statement providing an outline of your personal circumstances, including details of financial difficulties. More information may be requested if necessary.
How and when do students learn of the decision?
Applicants will be notified after the application deadline whether they have been awarded the Scholarship.
The recipient will be selected by a committee of three representatives from the Victoria Business School, which will include at least one member of academic staff and one representative of the Pasifika community.
History or background of award
This scholarship has been funded through donations from Victoria Business School’s alumni to assist financially disadvantaged Pasifika students.
The Scholarship will be paid in two instalments: one payment of $3,000 and a later payment of $2,000 at the end of the year. Funds can be used towards tuition fees or taken as a stipend.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact
The Scholarships Office
Victoria University of Wellington
PO Box 600, Wellington 6140, New Zealand
+64 4 463 5557
Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently. The administrator of this record last updated this information in September 2018.