Contact usCall us on 0800 222 733
Statement of Intent
Read our current statement of intent, and find links to previous years' statements.
Statement of Intent 2014-2018
Ahakoa he iti, he pounamu – Although it is small, it is precious
This whakataukī (Māori proverb) captures the essence of our intentions as detailed in this statement of intent for Careers New Zealand Mana Rapuara Aotearoa. As a relatively small Crown entity, responsible for delivering careers information to New Zealanders, we must ensure that what we provide is of high value for our users and key stakeholders.
The sharpening of our future efforts has been informed by: key findings from the 2013 Performance Improvement Framework (PIF) review; learnings from our past approaches; and recognition of the increasingly diverse profiles, needs and information preferences of our users.
The PIF recognised that our core value proposition is based on our role as collector, custodian and communicator of objective careers information and the repository of best practice advice. Significant investment is required in our knowledge base and delivery channels to ensure we are:
- providing clear information on the diversity of employment opportunities available now and in the future, and the qualification pathways and employer requirements to realise these
- delivering information in ways that reflect the preferences of our users and, where appropriate, partnering with users, employers and other agencies to co-design resources and tools
- supporting "influencers" with relevant information and tools with which to provide appropriate advice to others
- helping users (of all ages) and employers (of all sizes) make sense of education/qualification pathways and government support for education, training and employment, and helping agencies improve the information they are providing to the public
- harvesting user feedback to further enhance our information collection, analysis and delivery.
Working with other agencies and stakeholders will be critical in ensuring that we are providing measurable support for informed careers decision making, and making meaningful contributions to the Government’s priorities, and the social and economic development of Aotearoa New Zealand.
Careers New Zealand
4 June 2014
Download statements of intent
- Careers New Zealand Statement of Intent 2014-2018 (PDF - 6.6MB)
- Statements of intent from previous years
For any further information, please contact us by calling our freephone number 0800 222 733 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org