CVs and cover letters
Create an effective CV and cover letter.
In this section
The purpose of a CV is to get you an interview. It needs to show what you can do, and why you're a good fit for an employer. Learn more about what your CV should look like, and what information to include.
Find out about the sections that make up a CV and what information to include in each of them.
Use these downloadable templates to create your own CV or cover letter. You can also look at examples of completed CVs and cover letters to help you personalise your own documents.
Transferable skills are skills that are useful for a range of positions, and can be transferred into different job areas. Depending on what job you're applying for, you should highlight different transferable skills in your CV.
Always include a cover letter when sending your CV out to employers. A good cover letter should make an employer interested enough to read your application thoroughly, and call you for an interview. Here are some tips to help you.
Get tips on filling out electronic and hardcopy job application forms.
- CV Builder tool - create a CV online
- Know Your CV - find out how to write your CV and cover letter with this interactive module
- Figure out your skills - knowing your key skills can help you with your CV and cover letter
- Skills employers are looking for
- Preparing for an interview
- Step-by-step guide to job hunting
Updated 13 Jun 2016