Drawing the future
Thanks to everyone who took part in Drawing the Future!
Every class that submitted five or more drawings went into a draw to win one of 10 art supply packs, each worth $100!
We selected 10 eligible classes at random. The winners are:
- Class 8, St Brigid's
- Wairua, Saint Mary's Carterton
- Room 1, Clendon Park School
- Class 13, St Paul Primary School
- Room 7, Te Horo School
- Room 22, Arrowtown School
- Class 5, Brookfield School
- Room 14, Windy Ridge
- Class 3, Bay of Islands International Academy
- Room 15, Wiri Central School
What happens next?
The next steps for Drawing the Future:
- We’ve produced a research report of our findings. Schools that took part in Drawing the Future were among the first to receive the report in 2020.
- Tertiary Education Commission website - find out more about the results from Drawing the Future and read the research report
- We’ll keep you informed about Inspiring the Future, a programme we’re developing that will help raise aspirations for all our young people.
What is Drawing the Future?
Drawing the Future is a national survey from the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) that asked students in Years 3 to 8 to draw what they think they’d like to do when they grow up.
Every Primary and Intermediate school was sent a Drawing the Future pack in October 2019. Each pack contained 30 drawing templates and a self-addressed, prepaid envelope.
If you have any questions about Drawing the Future, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0800 601 301.
Thank you again for your support and your participation.
The Drawing the Future team
Updated 16 Apr 2020