New to New Zealand
Get tips on how to find work if you are new to New Zealand.
There are several different ways you can research job opportunities in New Zealand. If you are outside of New Zealand, you can get an idea of what opportunities are like by visiting job vacancy websites.
How you can check if your skills will help you find work in New Zealand.
For some jobs, your qualifications and experience will be useful wherever you work in the world because the job is the same. For other jobs your experience might not be enough, because the job could be different in New Zealand.
How you look for work in New Zealand may be quite different from what you are used to. This guide will help you through the process of looking for work and applying for jobs.
You may already have a CV, but its style, length and content may be quite different from CVs in New Zealand. These tips will help you write your CV in a style that New Zealand employers prefer.
Going for an interview in New Zealand might differ a little or a lot from interviews in your home country. Following the advice below should help you to prepare.
Need help with your plans to move to New Zealand, or need information now that you've arrived? Check out the pages below to see how Careers New Zealand and other organisations can help you.
- Education NZ website - find out about scholarships to study in NZ
- Job vacancy and recruitment websites
- CV Builder - use this tool to create your own CV online
- CV and cover letter templates - see examples and use our templates to create your own documents
- Jobs database - look up your job to see what work opportunities are like in NZ
Updated 23 May 2016