CV and cover letter templates
Templates to create your own CV and cover letter, plus examples of CVs and cover letters.
Create a CV and cover letter from our templates and save them
Use our templates to create your CV and cover letter. You'll need to save them to your computer.
- Save your CV as both a Word document and a PDF. An employer may need either one of these file formats.
- Label your CV files with your name, the application date, and the job you're applying for.
- If you update your Word document, remember to also create a new PDF.
Create a CV online with CV Builder and it saves automatically
Use our CV Builder to create your CV online and it will automatically save to your careers.govt.nz account.
Skills-focused CV for changing careers or gaps in work history
- have gaps between jobs
- don't have much work history
- are returning to the workforce after a break
- are changing to a new career.
- Skills-focused CV example (Word - 27KB)
- Skills-focused CV example (PDF - 0.3MB)
- Skills-focused CV template (Word - 25KB)
- Skills-focused CV template (PDF - 0.4MB)
Get information on how to describe skills in your CV:
Skills-focused CV for school leavers
Work-focused CV for career progression
Use our work-focused CV template if you:
- want to highlight your work experience and career progression
- are changing to a similar job
- are progressing to a higher level role.
Te reo Māori CV
Find tips on writing a te reo Māori and English CV:
Some careers require a particular style of CV.
Check out the links below for information on how to create CVs for:
- academic careers
- creative careers
- engineering careers
- health careers
- legal careers
- teaching careers.
Cover letter template and example
Find out more
Updated 29 Jan 2021