Master of Professional Practice
Mixed Field Programmes not elsewhere classified
Total student fees
over 1.5 Years - details
Check out Fees Free to see whether you are eligible for a year of fees-free study or two years industry training. Contact your provider to confirm your study options meet the criteria.
About the course
What can I expect out of this qualification?
To enable the Polytechnic to provide a work-based learning programme customised to the needs of
the three partners - the learner, the employer and the Polytechnic, and to
* provide accessible and flexible opportunities for those in paid or unpaid work to access a comprehensive range of under- graduate and post graduate qualifications.
* provide a means to recognise and accredit higher-level learning that is specifically achieved in the context of work to promote continuing personal and professional development.
* enable learners to recognise their own work-based learning as the subject of higher education study and to negotiate programmes which are focused on topics and issues relevant to their work.
* enable learners to develop higher level knowledge and understanding, cognitive, practical, personal and enabling skills from the study of their own work-based learning.
* provide the means to construct negotiated work-based higher education programmes, in partnership with an employer or other organisation, and to design these to meet development needs.
* offer award pathways from graduate diploma to masters level which recognise and accredit the learning achieved by learners through work and other life experiences.
* provide opportunities for learners and/or their employers to negotiate programmes of study which are focused upon topics and issues relevant to their workplace.
Key Information for Students
An under-graduate degree in a relevant field of study, and/or degree equivalent professional experience
See provider website for more details about entry to this qualification.
(what you pay)
Government tuition subsidy
(what the government pays)
A Compulsory Student Services Fee may be charged, see your provider for details.
National Graduate Outcomes
Outcomes for students who completed qualifications at the same level and in the same subject area, three years after completion:
|In further study||N/A|
|On a benefit||N/A|
All KIS information is the most recent data available and relates to domestic students only.
Where does this information come from?
The Key Information for Students data is compiled by the Tertiary Education Commission based on information provided by tertiary education providers and the Ministry of Education. Remember to check the provider’s website for further details.
NZQA supplies all other information based on material from the provider.
MyQ is now closed. Find out more about MyQ