Master of Professional Practice
Mixed Field Programmes not elsewhere classified
Check out Fees Free to see whether you are eligible for a year of fees-free study or two years industry training. Contact your provider to confirm your study options meet the criteria.
The Master of Professional Practice will be accessible to those who wish to build on a Bachelor Degree, Graduate Diploma, Bachelor Honours Degree or a Post-graduate Diploma as well as building on extensive professional experience of an appropriate kind. The minimum entry requirements for entry to Year One are: 1 an under-graduate degree in a relevant field of study, and/or 2 degree equivalent professional experience. The minimum entry requirements for direct entry to Year Two are: 1 a post-graduate qualification in a relevant field of study, and/or 2 appropriate documented professional experience in a relevant career or workplace equivalent to level 8. The minimum entry requirements for International Students are: International students must demonstrate that they have equivalent experience/qualifications as domestic students and for those whose first language is not English, must show evidence of English Language competence at IELTS overall band score of 6.5 with no individual band less than 6.0 or equivalent.
About the course
What can I expect out of this qualification?
To enable the Polytechnic to provide a work-based learning programme customised to the needs of
the three partners - the learner, the employer and the Polytechnic, and to
* provide accessible and flexible opportunities for those in paid or unpaid work to access a comprehensive range of under- graduate and post graduate qualifications.
* provide a means to recognise and accredit higher-level learning that is specifically achieved in the context of work to promote continuing personal and professional development.
* enable learners to recognise their own work-based learning as the subject of higher education study and to negotiate programmes which are focused on topics and issues relevant to their work.
* enable learners to develop higher level knowledge and understanding, cognitive, practical, personal and enabling skills from the study of their own work-based learning.
* provide the means to construct negotiated work-based higher education programmes, in partnership with an employer or other organisation, and to design these to meet development needs.
* offer award pathways from graduate diploma to masters level which recognise and accredit the learning achieved by learners through work and other life experiences.
* provide opportunities for learners and/or their employers to negotiate programmes of study which are focused upon topics and issues relevant to their workplace.
Examples of related scholarships
AUT International Excellence Scholarship- Southeast Asia
$5000 NZDContribution to fees
AUT International Excellence Scholarship - South Asia
NZD$5,000Contribution to fees
This information comes from Generosity New Zealand. For more scholarships, search their givME database (formerly called BreakOut) via your college, university or local library website.
Main Campus Office
Free phone: 0800 762 786
Phone: (03) 477 3014
Fax: (03) 471 6870
NZQA supplies course information based on material from the provider.
MyQ is now closed. Find out more about MyQ