New Zealand Certificate in Hospitality (Advanced)
New Zealand Management Academies Limited
Total student fees
over 20 Weeks - details
Check out Fees Free to see whether you are eligible for a year of fees-free study or two years industry training. Contact your provider to confirm your study options meet the criteria.
About the course
What can I expect out of this qualification?
The purpose of this qualification is:
- To provide competent employees for the hotel sector who are able to work as supervisors overseeing the housekeeping, portering or reception areas in a hotel.
- To provide competent employees for the food and beverage sector who are able to work as supervisors of food and beverage service operations in a bar or club, restaurant or establishment providing functions.
- To provide competent employees for the catering services sector who are able to work as supervisors in a small team or work sole charge in Catering Services in hospitals, aged care facilities, student hostels, sporting and entertainment venues, cook chill production kitchens and mobile catering businesses of various sizes.
- To provide competent employees for the quick service restaurant sector who are able to work as an assistant manager and/or manager in a Quick Service Restaurant.
- To provide for those individuals who are employed as supervisors of accommodation services, food and beverage service operations, catering services operations, or quick service restaurant operations a credential that will enhance their employment opportunities across a range of establishments in the hospitality sector.
- To establish standards of professional practice that can provide customers with confidence in a range of hospitality environments. The strands in this qualification allow graduates to specialise in a specific hospitality sector.
Key Information for Students
Applicants must be a minimum of 16 years old and hold a qualification equivalent to secondary school year 11 or tertiary level 4. International applicants must have a minimum English language level at IELTS 5.5 with no band score lower than 5 (subject to NZQA rules).
See provider website for more details about entry to this qualification.
(what you pay)
Government tuition subsidy
(what the government pays)
A Compulsory Student Services Fee may be charged, see your provider for details.
National Graduate Outcomes
Outcomes for students who completed qualifications at the same level and in the same subject area, three years after completion:
|Earnings range||$27,240 - $42,629|
|In further study||20%|
|On a benefit||6%|
All KIS information is the most recent data available and relates to domestic students only.
Examples of related scholarships
Te Runanga o Toa Rangatira - Education Grant
Te Runanga o Toa Rangatira - Education Committee
The committee will only consider subsidising course fees.
The North Harbour Club
Determined by the Trustees
This information comes from Generosity New Zealand. For more scholarships, search their givME database (formerly called BreakOut) via your college, university or local library website.
Where does this information come from?
The Key Information for Students data is compiled by the Tertiary Education Commission based on information provided by tertiary education providers and the Ministry of Education. Remember to check the provider’s website for further details.
The MyQ data is compiled by the Tertiary Education Commission based on responses to the MyQ survey provided by recent graduates of this qualification.
NZQA supplies all other information based on material from the provider.