Graduate Diploma in International Business
ICL Education Limited
Business and Management not elsewhere classified
Check out Fees Free to see whether you are eligible for a year of fees-free study or two years industry training. Contact your provider to confirm your study options meet the criteria.
1. A completed application form.
2. Original transcripts showing a degree from a recognized institution, including full transcripts and grade point average details;
Evidence of acquiring relevant skills and knowledge through appropriate work or professional experience in business or a related area.
A scanned PDF will be sufficient to progress the application, but original documents will be required on arrival at ICL Graduate Business School. Failure to provide original documents will results in the cancellation of the enrolment.
3. For international students, Academic IELTS with a minimum score of 6.0 (with no band score lower than 5.5 and gained within the past two years in one examination), or any other equivalent approved by NZQA..
4. Credit transfer or RPL of up to four papers will be negotiated on a case-by-case basis.
5. ICL Graduate Business School also strongly recommends that a Personal Statement, written by the applicant, is attached to the application explaining why they believe they should study on the programme, their motivations and further aspirations.
About the course
What can I expect out of this qualification?
The aims of the Graduate Diploma in Business (with three strands in International Business Innovation, International Tourism Management, International Hospitality Management) are:
1. To take an interdisciplinary approach to study in the fields of international business studies with three optional strands, while retaining the core business disciplines of economics, with an emphasis on digital marketing, communication technologies, strategy and ethics.
2a. (In the case of International Business Innovation) To move beyond traditional entrepreneurship or new venture approaches to innovation and examine innovative techniques and concepts within the international corporate environment. The innovation component of the course in particular requires an ability to think beyond the status quo, to strategically develop, critically evaluate and implement new ideas.
2b. (In the case of International Tourism Management) To enable students to gain a deeper understanding of the tourism industry and its multiple sectors, and develop a depth of knowledge on the management issues that occur within the industry. The Industry Practicum and Research Project will provide students with a hands-on immersion in the tourism industry and allow them to apply their learning, test the relevance of academic theories and reflect critically on the relationship between their academic study and industry practice.
2c. (In the case of International Hospitality Management) To enable students to gain a deeper understanding of the hospitality industry and its multiple sectors, and develop a depth of knowledge on the management issues that occur within the industry. The Industry Practicum and Research Project will provide students with a hands-on immersion in the hospitality industry and allow them to apply their learning, test the relevance of academic theories and reflect critically on the relationship between their academic study and industry practice.
What graduates earn
Graduates who studied Business and Management at this level can earn:
Median earnings one year after study
Median earnings two years after study
Median earnings five years after study
Status one year after study
Employment rate two years after study
Employment rate two years after study
Data as at November 2021
Examples of related scholarships
Royal New Zealand Navy (RNZN) Scholarship
Gisborne District Council - PA to Mayor
Ikawai Community Scholarship
Waimate Accountants - Ikawai Community Scholarship Fund C/-
Varies, could be up to $5000
This information comes from Generosity New Zealand. For more scholarships, search their givME database (formerly called BreakOut) via your college, university or local library website.
NZQA supplies course information based on material from the provider.
MyQ is now closed. Find out more about MyQ