Master of Creative Practice
Unitec New Zealand Limited
Creative Arts not elsewhere classified
Check out Fees Free to see whether you are eligible for a year of fees-free study or two years industry training. Contact your provider to confirm your study options meet the criteria.
Applicants must have one of the following, or equivalent:
1. A recognized bachelor degree in the same or similar discipline , with merit achievement deemed to be an average grade of B- or higher in all Level 7 courses; OR
2. A professional qualifications in a relevant discipline, recognized as being equivalent to merit achievement in a bachelor degree.
English language requirements for international students:
Applicants must have:
* gained NCEA level 3 and met New Zealand university entrance requirements; or
* clear evidence that they satisfy one of the criteria for existing English proficiency listed on NZQA's website at: http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/providers-partners/approval-accreditation-and-registration/programme-approval-and-provider-accreditation/english-international-students/
* achieved, within the preceding two years, at least one of the below:
o Completion of either the NZCEL (Academic) (Level 5) An overall IELTS band score (Academic Format) of 6.5 with no band score lower than 6;
o An overall TOEFL pBT (Paper-based Test) score of 590 (plus essay TWE of 5.5) OR an overall TOEFL iBT (Internet-based Test) score of 79 (plus writing score of 21);
o First Certificate in English (FCE) with a pass at Grade A OR Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) with a score of 58 or higher OR Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) with a score of 45 or higher under the Cambridge International standard tests of English as a foreign language
o Pearson Test of English PToE (Academic) with a score of 58
o City & Guilds Internal English for Speakers of Other Languages (IESOL) C1 Expert with a score of 42.
About the course
What can I expect out of this qualification?
This qualification is designed for learners wishing to develop higher levels of academic ability and creative practice based research capability in a collaborative multi-disciplinary learning environment. The qualification aims to meet the workplace demands of creative and cultural industries for flexible individuals with a broader range of skills and an ability to collaborate across disciplines. The qualification fosters independence of thought, autonomy of action, creativity and originality as well as collaborative and reflective capacities and attitudes among learners.
What graduates earn
Graduates who studied Other Creative Arts at this level can earn:
Median earnings one year after study
Median earnings two years after study
Median earnings five years after study
Status one year after study
Employment rate two years after study
Examples of related scholarships
Kate Edger Educational Charitable Trust - Bachelor with Honours Awards
Kate Edger Educational Charitable Trust - Manager
This information comes from Generosity New Zealand. For more scholarships, search their givME database (formerly called BreakOut) via your college, university or local library website.
The MyQ data is compiled by the Tertiary Education Commission based on responses to the MyQ survey provided by recent graduates of this qualification.
NZQA supplies all other information based on material from the provider.