Maunga Kura Toi - Bachelor of Māori Art
Northland Polytechnic Ltd
Visual Arts and Crafts not elsewhere classified
Total student fees
over 3 Years - details
Check out Fees Free to see whether you are eligible for a year of fees-free study or two years industry training. Contact your provider to confirm your study options meet the criteria.
About the course
What can I expect out of this qualification?
He Maunga Kura Toi aims to:
* To produce skilled artists within a kaupapa Toi context(s) who are able to significantly contribute to Toi Māori, te ao Māori, communities, and industries;
* Equip ākonga with excellent understanding and appreciation regarding tikanga and āhuatanga Māori practices for chosen Kaupapa Toi;
* Equip ākonga with excellent understanding, appreciation and awareness of Kaupapa Wānanga | Principle based practice
* To produce artists who hold excellent knowledge, appreciation and understanding of a kaupapa Toi origin(s) as a basis for creative and innovative practice;
* Develop ākonga with knowledge and application of rangahau and analytical skills for chosen Kaupapa Toi;
* Sustain a creative and learning practice that promotes freedom, expansion, liberation, critical thinking development and increased capacity within a kaupapa toi;
* Focus on a specific kaupapa toi
* Equip ākonga with excellent process and technical skills for selected Kaupapa Toi
* Nurture positive attitudes to quality professional and personal development
* To provide opportunities for further education and employment
Key Information for Students
Be at least 16 years or older at the time enrolment commences; hold NCEA L3 with UE; or hold a L4 qualification in an arts or arts-related field, or hold equivalent to a toi qualification (L2-4); provide a portfolio related to chosen toi specialism
See provider website for more details about entry to this qualification.
(what you pay)
Government tuition subsidy
(what the government pays)
A Compulsory Student Services Fee may be charged, see your provider for details.
National Graduate Outcomes
Outcomes for students who completed qualifications at the same level and in the same subject area, three years after completion:
|Earnings range||$23,522 - $44,224|
|In further study||19%|
|On a benefit||3%|
All KIS information is the most recent data available and relates to domestic students only.
Examples of related scholarships
Kate Edger Educational Charitable Trust - Practicum Awards
Kate Edger Educational Charitable Trust - Manager
This information comes from Generosity New Zealand. For more scholarships, search their givME database (formerly called BreakOut) via your college, university or local library website.
Where does this information come from?
The Key Information for Students data is compiled by the Tertiary Education Commission based on information provided by tertiary education providers and the Ministry of Education. Remember to check the provider’s website for further details.
The MyQ data is compiled by the Tertiary Education Commission based on responses to the MyQ survey provided by recent graduates of this qualification.
NZQA supplies all other information based on material from the provider.