Master of Management
Business and Management not elsewhere classified
Check out Fees Free to see whether you are eligible for a year of fees-free study or two years industry training. Contact your provider to confirm your study options meet the criteria.
Brief Entry Requirements:
One of the below for admission:
1. Bachelor Honours degree
2. Postgraduate Diploma
3. Undergraduate degree with experience
4. Special circumstances - qualifying courses and experience
AND English language competency where English is not a first language
English language competency where English is not a first language.
* International applicants for whom English is not their first language will be required to show evidence of language competency, issued within the last two years. The level of competency required is:
o IELTS Academic score of 6.5 with no band score lower than 6.0,
o or an equivalent as outlined in NZQF-related rules (Rule 18).
* For domestic applicants for whom English is not their first language, evidence of language competency may be required.
Pathway 1: Master of Management by Thesis programme (120cr)
* Bachelor Honours Degree or Postgraduate Diploma in business or related field of study .
Pathway 2: Master of Management by Coursework programme (180cr)
* An Undergraduate Degree with at least a New Zealand B average at Level 7;
and at least one year practical or professional experience with at least two written references.
* Bachelor Honours Degree with a New Zealand B average at Level 7.
* A Postgraduate Diploma (120 credits at L8).
* Special entry - Applicants who do not meet the academic requirements may be given special admission if they can provide evidence that they are capable of achieving the programme outcomes.
Pathway 3: Master of Management by Coursework and Thesis programme (240cr)
An Undergraduate Degree.
About the course
What can I expect out of this qualification?
This qualification is designed for domestic and international students seeking an advanced scholarly research and practice-informed management qualification. It will complement existing postgraduate studies and further career aspirations through mastery within the fields of business, health, hospitality or information technology.
The highly advanced standard at which the graduate will operate, includes the ability to develop and apply new skills and techniques to existing or emerging issues, whilst articulating theory and practice within a management scope.
Graduates will work independently at a highly specialised level of knowledge, and they will engage in rigorous critical intellectual analysis and be in a position to assume leadership in a relevant management context.
Through the attainment of advanced work-integrated practice and advanced sophisticated theoretical knowledge the graduates will contribute to high level management particularly (but not exclusively) in the areas of business, health, hospitality, or information technology.
The Kaitiakitanga framework which underpins this qualification reflects the holistic aspirations of Māori, while acknowledgement of Te Tiriti o Waitangi/Treaty of Waitangi ensures an inclusive environment for all learners.
What graduates earn
Graduates who studied Business and Management at this level can earn:
Median earnings one year after study
Median earnings two years after study
Median earnings five years after study
Status one year after study
Employment rate two years after study
Employment rate two years after study
Data as at November 2022
Examples of related scholarships
Waitaha-A-Hei / University of Waikato Scholarship
University of Waikato - Scholarships Office
Betty Loughhead Soroptimist Scholarship Trust
The Betty Loughhead Soroptimist Scholarship Trust - Secretary
Previous awards have generally been given in the region of $3,000 - $5,000 (per award).
This information comes from Generosity New Zealand. For more scholarships, search their givME database (formerly called BreakOut) via your college, university or local library website.
Main Campus Office
Free phone: (0800) 86 46 46
Phone: (0800) 86 46 46
Fax: (07) 544 2386
NZQA supplies course information based on material from the provider.
MyQ is now closed. Find out more about MyQ