Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Technologies
Te Pukenga - New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology
Information Systems not elsewhere classified
Check out Fees Free to see whether you are eligible for a year of fees-free study or two years industry training. Contact your provider to confirm your study options meet the criteria.
To be admitted to this programme an applicant must meet the following requirements: Applicants must have one of the following, or equivalent: * a recognised bachelor degree in a relevant discipline, with merit achievement, deemed to be an average grade of B- (65%) or higher in all level 7 courses ; * a professional qualification in a relevant discipline, recognised as being equivalent to merit achievement in a bachelor degree and documentary evidence of outcomes in the discipline work environment to demonstrate an ability to perform in the programme and commit to achieving its outcomes, including recommendations from employers or professional colleagues. Interview Requirements: N/A English Language Requirements: Applicants must have sufficient competence in the English language to undertake this programme, which is taught and assessed in English. International students: English Language Entry Requirements For the minimum English language requirements refer to the requirements set out in the NZQF Programme and Accreditation Rules https://www.nzqa.govt.nz/providers-partners/qa-system-for-teos/english-international-students/ Selection Criteria: Applicants will be selected in order of successful application. Exceptions to entry: An applicant may be considered for special admission if they have: * An undergraduate degree in an unrelated discipline, with merit achievement, and have a minimum of two years' appropriate work experience that is relevant to the aims of this qualification; OR * A graduate diploma qualification in the same or similar discipline, with a B- grade average or better, and has a minimum of two years' appropriate work experience.
About the course
What can I expect out of this qualification?
The purpose of this qualification is to provide Aotearoa New Zealand with people who:
* Apply advanced technical and theoretical knowledge to analyse real-world complex problems.
* Are able to create a range of effective digital solutions inside chosen fields (such as data analytics or, cyber security or software development) and provide insightful interpretations of solution outputs.
* Embody the skills, knowledge and attributes of a specialist contributing to the chosen applied profession, including ethical conduct.
* Have direct impact on performance of digital solutions to enhance output in the real-world scenario, through project-based learning, and managing their own and others' learning.
* Independently research, develop and apply highly specialised new skills to emerging problems
* Have critical awareness of the issues in the field of practice enhance career progression/professional development, as well as contributing to the chosen special field, e.g. data analytics/cyber security/software development
What graduates earn
Graduates who studied Information Systems at this level can earn:
Median earnings one year after study
Median earnings two years after study
Median earnings five years after study
Status one year after study
Employment rate two years after study
Employment rate two years after study
Data as at November 2022
Examples of related scholarships
Rural Women New Zealand Tertiary Bursaries
Rural Women New Zealand
Manakau Institute of Technology - Maori and Pasifika Trades Training Scholarships
Manukau Institute of Technology - Student Support Advisor (Maori)
This information comes from Generosity New Zealand. For more scholarships, search their givME database (formerly called BreakOut) via your college, university or local library website.
NZQA supplies course information based on material from the provider.
MyQ is now closed. Find out more about MyQ