Graduate Diploma in Architectural Technology (Level 7)
Te Pukenga - New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology trading as SIT
Architecture and Building
Check out Fees Free to see whether you are eligible for a year of fees-free study or two years industry training. Contact your provider to confirm your study options meet the criteria.
Admission criteria for the Graduate Diploma in Architectural Technology are as follows:
Students will have completed all requirements of a bachelor's degree in a relevant field (such as construction, engineering, surveying) and been employed in a responsible position (including completing drawings and relevant documentation) in the field of architectural technology for at least three years.
ii. Special Admission
Notwithstanding the above admission criteria, mature aged applicants who can show evidence of ability to succeed in the programmes may be considered for admission, provided they have successfully completed an approved course or programme, or have relevant industry experience, which is deemed to meet the required standard for entry.
iii. Provisional Part-time Admission
An applicant who does not meet academic criteria may be provisionally admitted to enrol in one or more papers. Upon successful completion of the paper(s), the student may apply for special admission.
iv. Additional Criteria
Applicants whose first language is not English, or who come from a country where the language of instruction in schools is not English, are required to provide evidence of having achieved one of the following:
- NCEA Level 3 with University Entrance; or
- an International Baccalaureate Diploma or Cambridge A¬ level qualification for which the teaching and assessment was conducted in English; or
- Cambridge Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (CELTA); or
- Trinity College London Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (CertTESOL);or
- Successful completion of all primary education (being the equivalent of New Zealand primary school years 1 to 8) and at least three years of secondary education (being the equivalent of three years from New Zealand secondary school years 9 to 13) at schools in either New Zealand, Australia, Canada, the Republic of Ireland, South Africa, the United Kingdom and the United States one of the countries listed in Rule 18.5 where the student was taught using English as the language of instruction; or
- Successful completion of at least five years of secondary education (being the equivalent of New Zealand secondary school years 9 to 13) at schools in either New Zealand, Australia, Canada, the Republic of Ireland, South Africa, the United Kingdom and the United States where the student was taught using English as the language of instruction; or
- Successful completion of a Bachelor's Degree, Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma, Bachelor Honours degree, Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma, Masters' Degree or Doctoral Degree, the language of instruction of which must be in English and which must be from a tertiary education provider from New Zealand, Australia, Canada, the Republic of Ireland, South Africa, the United Kingdom or the United States; or
- Successful completion of one of the following internationally recognised proficiency tests listed below to the level required of the programme of study and with all scores achieved in a single test during the two years preceding the proposed date of enrolment:
Certificate or Diploma at Level 6 / Diploma or Degree at Level 7 / Graduate Certificate or Diploma at Level 7
IELTS test - Academic score of 6 with no band score lower than 5.5
TOEFL Paper based test (pBT) - Score of 550 (with an essay score 5 TWE)
TOEFL Internet based test (iBT) - Score of 60 (with a writing score of 18)
Cambridge English Examination - B2 First or B2 First for schools or C1 Advanced or C2 Proficiency with a score of 169. No less than 162 in each skill.
OET - Minimum of Grade C or 200 in all sub-tests
NZCEL - a) Expiring Level b) Current:
a) Level 4 (Academic) b) Level 4 (Academic)
Pearson Test of English (Academic) - PTE (Academic) score of 50 with no band score lower than 42
Language Cert - C1 Expert IESOL (LRWS) with PASS and no less than Pass in each skill
Trinity ISE - ISE II with no less than distinction in any band.
All enrolments in the Graduate Diploma in Architectural Technology and Bachelor of Architectural Technology programmes are approved at the discretion of the Programme Operations Manager in consultation with the Head of Faculty and teaching staff as required. The Head of Faculty will determine the maximum number of students permitted to enrol in the programmes.
About the course
What can I expect out of this qualification?
The Graduate Diploma in Architectural Technology is aimed at architectural professionals wishing to undertake a comprehensive programme of study in order to upgrade their qualifications and extend their knowledge, capability and skills with the objective of obtaining employment or advancing their careers in architectural technology. The qualification is aimed at practising architectural designers, draughtspersons and CAD technicians who wish to undertake a comprehensive programme of study in order to increase the level and breadth of technical knowledge and industry capability in the Architectural sector.
What graduates earn
Graduates who studied Architecture and Building at this level can earn:
Median earnings one year after study
Median earnings two years after study
Median earnings five years after study
Status one year after study
Employment rate two years after study
Employment rate two years after study
Data as at November 2021
Examples of related scholarships
CrazyGames.com Annual Student Scholarship
CrazyGames.com - Scholarships Coordinator
$1,500 USD Worldwide Student Scholarship
This information comes from Generosity New Zealand. For more scholarships, search their givME database (formerly called BreakOut) via your college, university or local library website.
NZQA supplies course information based on material from the provider.
MyQ is now closed. Find out more about MyQ