Trauma Informed Care (Micro-credential)
Western Institute of Technology at Taranaki Ltd
Nursing not elsewhere classified
Check out Fees Free to see whether you are eligible for a year of fees-free study or two years industry training. Contact your provider to confirm your study options meet the criteria.
Applicants will be required to:
- Registered health care professional
- Applicants whose first language is not English, or who come from a country where the language of instruction in schools or other teaching institutions is not English, are required to provide evidence of having passed such test of English Language as stipulated in Policy and Procedure English Language Proficiency. For International recognised English proficiency outcomes for Level 7, refer to Schedule 2 of the NZQA English Proficiency Outcomes.
In addition, applicants will be required to provide, or will have provided to their employer:
- a police vetting check
- a criminal conviction declaration
- a Vulnerable Children's Act declaration
- declarations regarding their health and disciplinary issues relating to previous health programme study
- a completed confidentiality declaration
A support letter from the employer is recommended at the time of admissions.
About the course
What can I expect out of this qualification?
The aim of this course is to develop health care practitioners' proficiency in the principles, knowledge and practice of Trauma Informed Care, when caring for patients with multidimensional experiences of trauma, and their whānau, in a health care setting.
Examples of related scholarships
Florence Nightingale Memorial Fund Grants
NZ Nurses Organisation (Inc) National Office - Scholarships & Grants
Up to $800
This information comes from Generosity New Zealand. For more scholarships, search their givME database (formerly called BreakOut) via your college, university or local library website.
NZQA supplies course information based on material from the provider.
MyQ is now closed. Find out more about MyQ