Cosmetic Lasers and Intense Light Source Therapies (Micro-credential)
Evolution School of Beauty, Massage & Spa
Check out Fees Free to see whether you are eligible for a year of fees-free study or two years industry training. Contact your provider to confirm your study options meet the criteria.
Entry to this Micro credential is open to individuals who are:
- 18+ years of age;
- committed to succeed in the IPL & Laser cosmetic or medical industry;
- graduates of one of these qualifications or able to meet one of the experience requirements:
- a Level 4 Beauty Therapy qualification on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework (Learner must complete the pre-enrolment interview)
- Level 5 New Zealand Diploma of Beauty Therapy or equivalent;
- employed in the tattoo industry, possess a minimum of 12 months' full-time industry experience, and can supply a letter from their employer
supporting their enrolment in the micro-credential.
- 12 months experience working in a health care related sector, and have evidence of successfully completing learning at a tertiary level such
as university or polytechnic credentials.
If English is a second language the learner must complete the pre-enrolment interview including LLN assessment.
All Learners must have access to internet via a device such as a mobile telephone or computer/ipad to access online learning materials, and be able to complete the practical aspects of this micro-credential at the NZLT Institute facility based in West Auckland.
About the course
What can I expect out of this qualification?
The aim of this micro-credential is to provide learners with specialised IPL and Cosmetic Laser
skills and knowledge to critically lead, manage, analyse and evaluate clients' needs and manage
specialised IPL and Laser therapy treatments relating to Hair Removal , Skin Rejuvenation and Tattoo
Removal services in a professional and safe manner (to include compliance with relevant legal,
insurance, health, safety and hygiene obligations).
Examples of related scholarships
Betty Loughhead Soroptimist Scholarship Trust
The Betty Loughhead Soroptimist Scholarship Trust - Secretary
Previous awards have generally been given in the region of $3,000 - $5,000 (per award).
Waitaha-A-Hei / University of Waikato Scholarship
University of Waikato - Scholarships Office
This information comes from Generosity New Zealand. For more scholarships, search their givME database (formerly called BreakOut) via your college, university or local library website.
Main Campus Office
Phone: (09) 438 6583
NZQA supplies course information based on material from the provider.
MyQ is now closed. Find out more about MyQ