Bachelor of Business Information Management
New Zealand Skills and Education College
Information Systems not elsewhere classified
Check out Fees Free to see whether you are eligible for a year of fees-free study or two years industry training. Contact your provider to confirm your study options meet the criteria.
General Academic Admission
1. University Entrance: (As specified by NZQA)
- NCEA Level 3 comprising 60 credits at NCEA Level 3 or above and 20 credits at NCEA Level 2 or above, including:
-- 14 credits each at NCEA Level 3 in three approved subjects; and
-- UE Literacy (10 credits at NCEA Level 2 or above made up of 5 credits each in reading and writing); and
-- UE Numeracy (10 credits at NCEA Level 1 or above) made up of specified achievement standards or a package of specified unit standards; OR
2. 72 credits at NCEA Level 2 including:
- A minimum of 14 credits in each of four subjects; and
- UE Literacy (10 credits at NCEA Level 2 or above made up of 5 credits each in reading and writing); and
- UE Numeracy (10 credits at NCEA Level 1 or above; OR
3. UE equivalent in Cambridge International Examinations. (CIE 120 rank score). OR
4. UE equivalent in International Baccalaureate. (IB 24 rank minimum). OR
5. A relevant qualification at Level 3 on the NZQF or above and the equivalent of UE Literacy and UE Numeracy. OR
6. The New Zealand Certificate in IT Essentials (Level 4) OR
7. A New Zealand or overseas qualification assessed to be equivalent to GPA of 5 or higher by the Head of School. OR
8. Passes in other certificate/diploma qualifications or courses with a GPA of 5 or higher by the Head of School.
Applicants who do not meet one of the above criteria may be eligible for admission with the approval of the Academic Director.
Special Admission: 20 years or above
Applicants aged 20 years or above who have not met the General Admission and Entry Requirements may be eligible for special admission. We consider a number of factors when assessing special admissions, such as previous education and training, work experience, and motivation to study. Special admission may be granted upon evaluation by the Head of School and the Academic Board, or delegated authority, based on supplied evidence. This may include a resume, personal statement, and portfolio. It is expected these documents provide evidence of a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience undertaken by the applicant.
English Language Requirements
Have English language competence to undertake this programme which is taught and assessed in English. Applications who have English as a second language are required to have an International English Language Test System (IELTS) Academic score of 6.0 with no individual band score lower than 5.5; or equivalent. The score must have been achieved in one test taken in the preceding two years. This is subject to NZQA Rule 18, details of which can be found at: http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/about-us/our-role/legislation/nzqa-rules/nzqf-related-rules/the-table/
International students must meet the General Admission Criteria (or equivalent), English Language requirements and hold a valid study visa to enrol in this programme.
Applicants will be selected in order of application. All applicants will be interviewed (this may be conducted via Zoom or Skype).
About the course
What can I expect out of this qualification?
The aim of the Bachelor of Business Information Management programme is to provide students with a range of specialist practices, and technical skills and knowledge in their specific major. Students will be school leavers, and career changers, upskilling to become work-ready graduates who will be able to effectively use IT tools to support management in making informed business decisions, which will benefit large corporations, SMEs, NGOs, Maori and Pacific businesses and communities. This programme will incorporate a focus on the importance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and biculturalism and how it might apply in a professional context.
What graduates earn
Graduates who studied Information Systems at this level can earn:
Median earnings one year after study
Median earnings two years after study
Median earnings five years after study
Status one year after study
Employment rate two years after study
Employment rate two years after study
Data as at November 2021
Examples of related scholarships
CrazyGames.com Annual Student Scholarship
CrazyGames.com - Scholarships Coordinator
$1,500 USD Worldwide Student Scholarship
This information comes from Generosity New Zealand. For more scholarships, search their givME database (formerly called BreakOut) via your college, university or local library website.
NZQA supplies course information based on material from the provider.
MyQ is now closed. Find out more about MyQ