Business Intelligence Certificate in Handling and Interpreting Data for Decision Making (Micro-credential)
Future Skills Academy Limited
Decision Support Systems
Check out Fees Free to see whether you are eligible for a year of fees-free study or two years industry training. Contact your provider to confirm your study options meet the criteria.
- Graduates of any Bachelor degree or above;or
- any level 5 diploma plus 1 year of work experience in a role related to business analysis / intelligence; or
- any level 4 diploma with at least two years of work experience in a role related to business analysis / intelligence
Domestic applicants require the following:
1. A New Zealand or Australian citizen or permanent resident and aged 18 years or over;
International applicants require following:
1. Applicants must have the legal right to study or work in New Zealand.
2. If English is not your first language, evidence of competency in English is required:
a. Achievement of NCEA Level 3 and met New Zealand University requirements; OR
b. English proficiency of an IELTS score of 6 with no band less than 5.5 or Pearson Test of English score of 50 with no band score lower than 42 AND English proficiency outcome needs to have been achieved in the last two years before enrolment and in one sitting.
Entry by special or discretionary admission:
- Be 20 years old or above when your programme starts; AND
- Provide sufficient evidence of aptitude or appropriate work experience that would indicate a successful outcome in the qualification
About the course
What can I expect out of this qualification?
To enable students to perform basic operations on data including acquisition, preparation, interpretation, and visualisation. Students will be able to put their technical, interpersonal skills into practice to interpret data and answer questions raised about a real-world problem in data-driven business contexts. The intended learners are career changers and skill upgraders who would like to gain skills and knowledge in processing and handling structured or semi-structured data to be able to visualise and interpret them and convey actionable insights to business decision makers.
NZQA supplies course information based on material from the provider.
MyQ is now closed. Find out more about MyQ