ADAS Diver Medical Technician (Offshore) (Micro-credential)
Omne Marine Training Centre Limited
Building not elsewhere classified
Check out Fees Free to see whether you are eligible for a year of fees-free study or two years industry training. Contact your provider to confirm your study options meet the criteria.
* Current recognised certification in Apply First Aid, or Advanced First Aid, that includes Administer oxygen in an emergency situation, and apply advanced resuscitation techniques.
* Holds a valid certificate of medical fitness to dive.
* Understands written and verbal communication in English.
* Has a suitable level of numeracy.
* In addition to the above, candidates for Offshore DMT certification must have held an ADAS Part 3, Part 4 or Life Support Technician qualification or equivalent.
About the course
What can I expect out of this qualification?
The purpose of this two-week micro-credential is to train experienced and qualified occupational divers in advanced first aid to be able to perform medical interventions in normal and hyperbaric conditions working in dive teams within the onshore and offshore diving industries. It may also lead to further training in ADAS Life Support Technician.
NZQA supplies course information based on material from the provider.
MyQ is now closed. Find out more about MyQ