ADAS Scuba 30m ADAS Occupational Scuba Diver (Micro-credential)
Omne Marine Training Centre Limited
Sport and Recreation Activities
Check out Fees Free to see whether you are eligible for a year of fees-free study or two years industry training. Contact your provider to confirm your study options meet the criteria.
* Minimum 18 years of age at training commencement
* A valid certificate of medical fitness to dive issued, after examination, by a doctor trained and experienced in underwater medicine, to have been issued within 90 days of training commencement and to be valid until the scheduled completion of training.
* Swimming competence that will be demonstrated by completing a 200m swim on the surface using mask, fins and snorkel while wearing SCUBA equipment and neutrally buoyant within eight minutes; a 200m swim in eight minutes in swimming clothing and by treading water for 10 minutes while fully clothed
* A recognised certificate of recreational diving competence (PADI Open Water or equivalent).
* Understand written and verbal communication in English, and communicate effectively in English with other persons; add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, decimals and vulgar fractions; calculate percentages; transpose and solve simple formulas, e.g. gas laws (these requirements will be evidenced by successful completion of the ADAS LLN test).
* Either a recognised current Diver Medic Technician certificate, or a current First Aid certificate from an ADAS accredited training organisation, or a recognised equivalent, certified within 3 years of the scheduled training completion and with CPR and oxygen resuscitation skills that have been refreshed within 12 months of the scheduled training completion, or to be undertaken concurrently and completed prior to commencement of practical dive training.
About the course
What can I expect out of this qualification?
The purpose of this six-week micro-credential is to establish occupational scuba diving skills and recognised certification for learners with some recreational diving experience who seek employment that requires diving competence within police, marine archaeology, scientific research, media, and engineering inspection diving. ADAS Occupational Scuba is the minimum qualification required for employment in these areas and meets requirements for the appropriate NZ Certificate of Competence that is a requirement for employment in NZ. It may also lead to further training in ADAS Occupational SSBA 30m.
NZQA supplies course information based on material from the provider.
MyQ is now closed. Find out more about MyQ