ADAS Diver Medical Technician (Refresher) (Micro-credential)
Omne Marine Training Centre Limited
Building not elsewhere classified
Check out Fees Free to see whether you are eligible for a year of fees-free study or two years industry training. Contact your provider to confirm your study options meet the criteria.
Entry to the micro-credential requires evidence of:
* holding a current DMT certification (either Onshore or Offshore) or one that has expired by no more than eight weeks;
* holding current-recognised certification in Apply First Aid, or Advanced First Aid, that includes Administer oxygen in an emergency situation, and Apply advanced resuscitation techniques;
* holding a valid certificate of medical fitness to dive;
* understanding written and verbal communication in English; and
* having a suitable level of numeracy.
About the course
What can I expect out of this qualification?
The purpose of this one-week micro-credential is to train experienced and qualified
occupational divers in advanced first aid to be able to perform medical
interventions in normal and hyperbaric conditions working in dive teams
within the onshore and offshore diving industries. It may also lead to further
training in ADAS Life Support Technician.
NZQA supplies course information based on material from the provider.
MyQ is now closed. Find out more about MyQ