ADAS ROV Technician (Micro-credential)
Omne Marine Training Centre Limited
Building not elsewhere classified
Check out Fees Free to see whether you are eligible for a year of fees-free study or two years industry training. Contact your provider to confirm your study options meet the criteria.
Entry to the Micro-credential requires evidence that the student:
* are at least 18 years of age at the commencement of training;
* understand written and verbal communication in English Unless Non-English Language (NEL) speaking course arrangements have been made with ADAS, can understand written and verbal communication in English, and can communicate effectively in English with other persons;
* Has appropriate numeracy ability- Can add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, decimals and vulgar fractions; calculate percentages: and transpose and solve simple formulas, e.g. gas laws.
Note: Both English and Numeracy will be tested through the online ADAS Literacy and Numeracy test.
* Holds at least one of the following (at a Ship's Engineer Level):
- Electronic qualification or experience.
- Electrical qualification or experience.
- Hydraulic qualification or experience.
- Mechanical qualification or experience.
* Other relevant industrial experience. *
*A military service qualification meets the IMCA requirement of "other relevant experience" (qualified occupational diver or other trade)
About the course
What can I expect out of this qualification?
The focus of the course is to prepare students to be a ROV Technician by teaching advanced maintenance of a ROV in support of various ROV
operations in a wide range of industries including, military, police operations, emergency service rescue response, scientific exploration,
search and salvage, inspection of underwater equipment, underwater construction and oil and gas industry.
Examples of related scholarships
Royal New Zealand Navy (RNZN) Scholarship
Gisborne District Council - PA to Mayor
Ikawai Community Scholarship
Waimate Accountants - Ikawai Community Scholarship Fund C/-
Varies, could be up to $5000
This information comes from Generosity New Zealand. For more scholarships, search their givME database (formerly called BreakOut) via your college, university or local library website.
NZQA supplies course information based on material from the provider.
MyQ is now closed. Find out more about MyQ