ADAS SSBA 30m ADAS Occupational SSBA Diver (Micro-credential)
Omne Marine Training Centre Limited
Building not elsewhere classified
Check out Fees Free to see whether you are eligible for a year of fees-free study or two years industry training. Contact your provider to confirm your study options meet the criteria.
* Completion of ADAS Scuba 30 ADAS Occupational Scuba Diver (part 1) or equivalent.
* Minimum 18 years of age at training commencement
* A valid certificate of medical fitness to dive issued, after examination, by a doctor trained and experienced in underwater medicine, to have been issued within 90 days of training commencement and to be valid until the scheduled completion of training
* Swimming competence that will be demonstrated by completing a 200m swim on the surface using mask, fins and snorkel while wearing SCUBA equipment and neutrally buoyant within eight minutes; a 200m swim in eight minutes in swimming clothing and by treading water for 10 minutes while fully clothed
* A recognised certificate of recreational diving competence (PADI Open Water or equivalent)
* Understand written and verbal communication in English, and communicate effectively in English with other persons; add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, decimals and vulgar fractions; calculate percentages; transpose and solve simple formulas, e.g. gas laws (these requirements will be evidenced by successful completion of the ADAS LLN test)
* Either a recognised current Diver Medic Technician certificate, or a current First Aid certificate from an ADAS accredited training organisation, or a recognised equivalent, certified within 3 years of the scheduled training completion and with CPR and oxygen resuscitation skills that have been refreshed within 12 months of the scheduled training completion, or to be undertaken concurrently and completed prior to commencement of practical dive training
About the course
What can I expect out of this qualification?
The purpose of this six-week micro-credential is to provide learners with training and recognized certification in construction diving to 30m using surface supported breathing apparatus. ADAS Occupational SSBA is the minimum internationally recognised certification for employment in onshore construction work in related industries requiring underwater excavation, building, and civil engineering including construction, inspection, and survey. It meets requirements for the NZ Certificate of Competence - Construction Diving that is required for employment.
Examples of related scholarships
Ikawai Community Scholarship
Waimate Accountants - Ikawai Community Scholarship Fund C/-
Varies, could be up to $5000
This information comes from Generosity New Zealand. For more scholarships, search their givME database (formerly called BreakOut) via your college, university or local library website.
NZQA supplies course information based on material from the provider.
MyQ is now closed. Find out more about MyQ