Operator training in the safe use of Q-switched lasers for tattoo removal (Micro-credential)
Evolution School of Beauty, Massage & Spa
Check out Fees Free to see whether you are eligible for a year of fees-free study or two years industry training. Contact your provider to confirm your study options meet the criteria.
Entry to this Micro credential is open to individuals who are:
- 18+ years of age.
- Committed to succeed in the Laser tattoo removal industry
- Graduates of one of the following qualifications, or are able to meet a minimum of one of the experience requirements:
- A Level 4 or level 5 Beauty Therapy qualification on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework, or International equivalent (Learner must complete the pre-enrolment interview)
- Employed in the tattoo industry, possess a minimum of 12 months' full-time industry experience, and can supply a letter from their employer supporting their enrolment in the micro-credential.
- Experienced in working in a health care related area and have evidence of successfully completing learning at a tertiary level such as university or polytechnic credentials. Eg: Nursing, aged care, massage therapy, dentistry etc.
- OR: (*Special circumstances apply) - Enrolled in a New Zealand correctional facility Tikanga recidivism prevention programme and seek to gain new skills for rehabilitative for post release society integration, and can supply a letter from their Kaimātai Hinengaro Matua (Māori clinical psychologist) showing support for the enrolment
Learners must have access to internet via a device such as a mobile telephone or computer/iPad to access online learning materials and be able to complete the practical aspects of this micro-credential at the NZLT Institute facility based in West Auckland.
Nb: correctional facilities will host their own in-house practical sessions as previously discussed with management staff / Kaimātai Hinengaro Matua. If English is a second language the learner must complete the pre-enrolment interview including LLN assessment. *Inmates on the Tikanga recidivism prevention programme must pass security checks to attend the practical elements of this programme.
About the course
What can I expect out of this qualification?
Learners who enrol in this Micro credential will achieve full and technical knowledge in all aspects of health, safety, and legal obligations as they relate to operators of lasers for tattoo removal, and hold laser science, laser safety, and practical application skills to conduct all forms of laser tattoo ink removal. Graduates will develop confidence, and competency in critically evaluating and delivering safe, and effective laser tattoo removal treatments using Q Switched lasers.
Examples of related scholarships
AUT International Excellence Scholarship- Southeast Asia
$5000 NZDContribution to fees
AUT International Excellence Scholarship - South Asia
NZD$5,000Contribution to fees
This information comes from Generosity New Zealand. For more scholarships, search their givME database (formerly called BreakOut) via your college, university or local library website.
Main Campus Office
Phone: (09) 438 6583
NZQA supplies course information based on material from the provider.
MyQ is now closed. Find out more about MyQ