Working Safely in Residential Care (Level 2) (Micro-credential)
Avatar Institute of Learning
Support for the Older Person
Check out Fees Free to see whether you are eligible for a year of fees-free study or two years industry training. Contact your provider to confirm your study options meet the criteria.
To be eligible for enrolment and work placements, participants must:
- be at least 18 prior to commencement of the programme;
- be able to communicate effectively in conversational and written English;
- be fully vaccinated in accordance with Ministry of Health requirements;
- complete a health screening declaration to be cleared for work in a residential care facility;
- be physically able to perform the role of a care giver; and
- have no criminal convictions that would exclude employment in a residential care facility.
A completed NZ Police Vetting Service Request and Consent Form is required prior to confirmation of enrolment.
Exceptions to these entry requirements may be approved on a case-by-case basis.
Interested persons will be interviewed prior to confirmation of enrolment to ensure they are:
1. fully informed of the requirements to successfully complete this micro-credential.
2. aware of employer expectations of an entry-level care giver.
3. suitable to work with vulnerable people.
About the course
What can I expect out of this qualification?
Working Safely in Residential Care is specifically designed for people seeking to be a care giver or healthcare assistant in a residential care setting.
The purpose of this micro-credential is to develop fundamental competencies needed to work safely when providing care to:
* the older person
* people with complex medical conditions; and
* people with early-stage dementia.
NZQA supplies course information based on material from the provider.
MyQ is now closed. Find out more about MyQ