Bachelor of Creative Industries
Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology Ltd
Creative Arts not elsewhere classified
Total student fees
over 3 Years - details
Check out Fees Free to see whether you are eligible for a year of fees-free study or two years industry training. Contact your provider to confirm your study options meet the criteria.
About the course
What can I expect out of this qualification?
The programme provides a systematic and coherent introduction of knowledge to the creative industries so that students develop the creative thinking and practice linked to the dynamic and divergent employment needs of the creative industries.
Graduates will have developed the confidence and ability to generate authentic, creative ideas. They will have a sound understanding of collaborative interdisciplinary practice alongside a specialisation, in the form of a major, in Fashion Design, Graphic Design, or Visual Art. The degree is designed to develop student abilities to generate solutions and products in project teams, developing entrepreneurial skills in non-profit and profit enterprise.
GRADUATES WILL MEET THE BROAD, GROWING AND CHANGING NEEDS OF THE CREATIVE INDUSTRIES THROUGH BEING ABLE TO:
Creative Thinking Skills
* Explore creativity; and the process of having authentic ideas that have value
* Demonstrate capability to be flexible and responsive
* Apply creative thinking, divergent thinking and idea generation to find practical and innovative solutions
* Apply critical and reflective thinking to the design process
* Reflect and critique self, peer and groups and apply to learning and development of self and projects
* Understand the forms of research in creative arts
* Apply independent research skills and problem solving approaches relevant to the creative industries
* Apply an understanding of the relationships between theory and practice
* Develop own practice as a creative endeavour
Key Information for Students
University Entrance or Certificate in Art & Design L4
See provider website for more details about entry to this qualification.
(what you pay)
Government tuition subsidy
(what the government pays)
A Compulsory Student Services Fee may be charged, see your provider for details.
National Graduate Outcomes
Outcomes for students who completed qualifications at the same level and in the same subject area, three years after completion:
|Earnings range||$20,810 - $53,704|
|In further study||N/A|
|On a benefit||5%|
All KIS information is the most recent data available and relates to domestic students only.
Examples of related scholarships
Tū i te ora scholarship
Northland Regional Council
This information comes from Generosity New Zealand. For more scholarships, search their givME database (formerly called BreakOut) via your college, university or local library website.
Where does this information come from?
The Key Information for Students data is compiled by the Tertiary Education Commission based on information provided by tertiary education providers and the Ministry of Education. Remember to check the provider’s website for further details.
The MyQ data is compiled by the Tertiary Education Commission based on responses to the MyQ survey provided by recent graduates of this qualification.
NZQA supplies all other information based on material from the provider.