Master of Architectural Engineering

University of Canterbury

Subject area

Building Services Engineering

Check out Fees Free to see whether you are eligible for a year of fees-free study or two years industry training. Contact your provider to confirm your study options meet the criteria.

Entry requirements

An approved Bachelor's degree. Architectural engineering, structural engineering, building services and energy engineering, integrated building design. 1

About the course

What can I expect out of this qualification?

The MArchEng will produce graduates who: are engaged in the building industry and their profession; have the technical knowledge and skills required for professional registration at CPEng level, when endorsed with Structural Engineering or Building Services and Energy Engineering; have the technical expertise and interdisciplinary knowledge required for technical design leadership of the design of sustainable sustainability of buildings and retrofit developments; can work effectively with other design professionals and project stakeholders to collaboratively develop integrated solutions to complex built environment design challenges; can apply independent thinking and advanced knowledge and skills of buildings to the technical design and construction of new and existing buildings.

What graduates earn

Graduates who studied Civil Engineering at this level can earn:


Median earnings one year after study


Median earnings two years after study


Median earnings five years after study

Status one year after study

Employment rate two years after study


Employment rate two years after study

Data as at November 2021

Scholarship information

Examples of related scholarships

Freemasons University Scholarships

Provided by:

Freemasons New Zealand - National Office



of $6,000 each

Read more

Freemasons Scholarships

Provided by:

The University of Auckland - The Scholarship Office



For: Assistance with study

Read more

This information comes from Generosity New Zealand. For more scholarships, search their givME database (formerly called BreakOut) via your college, university or local library website.

Contact details

Main Campus Office

Free phone: 0800 827 748
Phone: (03) 369 3999

Please contact the provider for details of where this qualification is offered.


NZQA supplies course information based on material from the provider.

MyQ is now closed. Find out more about MyQ