Conjoint Bachelor of Product Design and Commerce
University of Canterbury
Engineering and Related Technologies not elsewhere classified
Total student fees
over 4.5 Years - details
Check out Fees Free to see whether you are eligible for a year of fees-free study or two years industry training. Contact your provider to confirm your study options meet the criteria.
About the course
What can I expect out of this qualification?
* be prepared to work in New Zealand and international companies that employ creative, business-aware graduates with the knowledge of science and engineering necessary to create, develop and market technically and commercially viable products;
* be able to clearly understand and define the important elements required to address open-ended design problem/opportunity statements;
* be able to systematically define the functional, aesthetic and financial criteria of feasible design solutions to given problem/opportunity statements;
* be capable of producing and assessing design prototypes against defined solution criteria have the confidence and ability to propose and implement innovative ideas in a commercial setting; * be knowledgeable and skilled in a broad range of commerce;
* be capable of and able to apply commerce skill in a major area of commerce.
Key Information for Students
A New Zealand university entrance qualification or approved equivalent.
See provider website for more details about entry to this qualification.
(what you pay)
Government tuition subsidy
(what the government pays)
A Compulsory Student Services Fee may be charged, see your provider for details.
National Graduate Outcomes
Outcomes for students who completed qualifications at the same level and in the same subject area, three years after completion:
|Earnings range||$34,182 - $58,198|
|In further study||5%|
|On a benefit||N/A|
All KIS information is the most recent data available and relates to domestic students only.
Examples of related scholarships
Keystone Russell Group Property and Construction Scholarship
The Keystone New Zealand Property Education Trust - Marketing & Events Coordinator
$5000 per annum
This information comes from Generosity New Zealand. For more scholarships, search their givME database (formerly called BreakOut) via your college, university or local library website.
Where does this information come from?
The Key Information for Students data is compiled by the Tertiary Education Commission based on information provided by tertiary education providers and the Ministry of Education. Remember to check the provider’s website for further details.
The MyQ data is compiled by the Tertiary Education Commission based on responses to the MyQ survey provided by recent graduates of this qualification.
NZQA supplies all other information based on material from the provider.