Master of Advanced Leadership Practice from Massey University
Total student fees
over 1.5 Years - details
For post graduate study, information will be sought through the application form supplemented by interview and testing, if necessary, for example, where an applicant has extensive managerial experience but lacks a bachelor degree
What can I expect out of this qualification?
Graduates from the Massey University Master of Advanced Leadership Practice will develop knowledge, understanding, skills, and other attributes as follows:
1. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of established and emerging concepts, principles, theories, and philosophies underpinning the broad area of leadership at an individual, team and organisational level.
2. Critically evaluate leadership behaviours, issues and traits, relating these to complex, practical, organisational contexts.
3. Integrate theoretical knowledge informed by current research with in-company leadership behaviours and experiences.
4. Assess the relevance of, and critically reflect on, the application of a range of personal leadership skills in an unfamiliar organisational setting (CSR project).
5. Analyse, critique and reason organisational recommendations in the light of competing theories and current developments relating to leadership development.
6. Make informed judgements from the synthesis of behavioural data and information (both qualitative and quantitative) derived from a diversity of sources, primary and secondary, with a view to enhancing leadership success in an organisational context.
7. Deal creatively with complex, challenging and often ill-defined leadership problems and issues, applying appropriate skills and behaviours.
8. Reflect critically on learning on a continuing basis, integrating academic study and leadership experience, in the light of the organisational context.
9. Synthesise and present arguments and communicate effectively (using both verbal and written mediums) with subject experts: both academics and practising leaders.
10. Work effectively with peers and academic supervisors developing and demonstrating leadership skills in a variety of contexts within their organisation/department or area of work.
Graduates who studied Business and Management at this level can earn:
Median earnings one year after study
Median earnings two years after study
Median earnings five years after study
Status one year after study
Employment rate two years after study
Employment rate two years after study
Examples of related scholarships
Kawerau A6 Scholarship
Opeke Ahuwhenua Trust
Dairy NZ Undegraduate Scholarship
DairyNZ - Industry Education Facilitator
$6325 in tuition fees for up to 4 years
This information comes from Generosity New Zealand. For more scholarships, search their givME database (formerly called BreakOut) via your college, university or local library website.
Main Campus Office
Please note this qualification may not be available at all these locations. Please contact the provider for more information.
State Highway 57
Albany Expressway (SH17)
Where does this information come from?
NZQA supplies this information based on material from the course provider.
Key Information for Students
Minimum requirements: A Bachelors degree, with a minimum B average over the qualifying highest level courses, or equivalent; be sponsored by an organisation whereby access to data, operations and decision-making process are available with supervision and mentorship, and an interview.
Detailed requirements: See provider website for more details about entry to this qualification.
|Student fees (what you pay)||$19,884||$29,826|
|Government tuition subsidy (what the government pays)||$7,743||$11,615|
A Compulsory Student Services Fee may be charged, see your provider for details.
Successful course completions N/A
National Graduate Outcomes
Outcomes for students who completed qualifications at the same level and in the same subject area, three years after completion:
|Earnings range||$44,055 - $83,899|
|In further study||9%|
|On a benefit||1%|
All KIS information is the most recent data available and relates to domestic students only.
The Key Information for Students data is compiled by the Tertiary Education Commission based on information provided by tertiary education providers and the Ministry of Education.
Remember to check the provider’s website for further details.