Graduate Diploma in Professional Practice
Mixed Field Programmes not elsewhere classified
Total student fees
over 1 Year - details
Check out Fees Free to see whether you are eligible for a year of fees-free study or two years industry training. Contact your provider to confirm your study options meet the criteria.
About the course
What can I expect out of this qualification?
The aims of the work-based learning programmes are to
widen access to higher education by:
- offering award tracks from undergraduate to master level which recognise and accredit the learning achieved by learners through work and other life experiences
- building partnerships with employers and organisations which utilise learning from, through and for work
* provide opportunities for learners and/or their employers to negotiate programmes of study which are focused on topics and issues relevant to their workplace
* develop and support learners in becoming autonomous learners, capable of:
- managing and critically evaluating their learning
- undertaking work-based projects which meet both their own needs and those of
others eg employers/sponsors/ organisations
* providing a learner-centred curriculum which benefits Otago Polytechnic's position as a leading provider of work-based learning opportunities.
Key Information for Students
A bachelors degree, or degree equivalent and relevant practical, professional or educational experience
See provider website for more details about entry to this qualification.
(what you pay)
Government tuition subsidy
(what the government pays)
A Compulsory Student Services Fee may be charged, see your provider for details.
National Graduate Outcomes
Outcomes for students who completed qualifications at the same level and in the same subject area, three years after completion:
|In further study||N/A|
|On a benefit||N/A|
All KIS information is the most recent data available and relates to domestic students only.
Examples of related scholarships
University of Otago New Frontiers Entrance Scholarship
University of Otago - Scholarships Administrator
Between $2,500 and $5,000 (dependent on the level of academic achievement at school)
New Zealand Regional Development Scholarships
Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade - NZ Aid Programme
Support for tuition, living costs and return airfares.
This information comes from Generosity New Zealand. For more scholarships, search their givME database (formerly called BreakOut) via your college, university or local library website.
Where does this information come from?
The Key Information for Students data is compiled by the Tertiary Education Commission based on information provided by tertiary education providers and the Ministry of Education. Remember to check the provider’s website for further details.
The MyQ data is compiled by the Tertiary Education Commission based on responses to the MyQ survey provided by recent graduates of this qualification.
NZQA supplies all other information based on material from the provider.