Bachelor of Natural Medicine from South Pacific College of Natural Medicine
South Pacific College of Natural Medicine
Naturopathy and Homeopathy
Total student fees
over 3 Years - details
Admission to the programme shall be subject to the approval of the Academic Board which is appointed under the General Academic Statute of the South Pacific College of Natural Medicine.
* Applicants must be at least 18 years old at the commencement of the programme
* Applicants under the age of 20 must have NCEA level 3 (or equivalent) in English and Chemistry;
* Applicants over the age of 20, who do not have a chemistry background, will be required to complete an online Introduction to Biological Chemistry course;
* Applicants over the age of 20, who do not have documented achievement in English Communication, will be required to undertake a basic English communication task;
* Where English is a second language, applicants must meet the Academic IELTS, overall band of 6.5 (or equivalent), with no band score under 6.0, before enrolment.
* The selection process will comprise the following steps: Application; Selection interview. Applicants from outside the Greater Auckland area will be interviewed by telephone or by VOIP (eg Skype);
* If the applicant has no background in Science or Chemistry, then he / she will be required to undertake and pass an Introduction to Biological Chemistry course (offered online) before the offer of a place and acceptance onto the programme can be confirmed.
What can I expect out of this qualification?
The Degree programme aims to develop in graduates a critical knowledge and understanding of natural therapies practice by offering students opportunities to study, critique, and reflect upon the specialised practice-relevant knowledge and philosophy of natural therapies, as well as undertaking clinical practice.
Graduates will not only be successful in a range of skills and techniques informed by theoretical analyses and applied research but should have confidence and assurance to work in the profession; be able to make professional decisions; work with others professionally; and demonstrate a range of the personal qualities expected of natural health practitioners. They should also show a willingness to maintain currency in the field of natural therapies and to continue learning.
Specifically, graduates of SPCNM will integrate and synthesise their specialised theoretical knowledge and apply their diagnostic, problem solving, and analytical skills to manage client care by history taking, differential diagnosis and treating, appropriate prescribing, referring and advising, educating on prevention, demonstrating cultural sensitivity and inclusiveness and manage their own continuing education.
Graduates will be well placed to make significant contributions to the practice of natural therapies.
Graduates who studied Complementary Therapies at this level can earn:
Median earnings one year after study
Median earnings two years after study
Median earnings five years after study
Status one year after study
Employment rate two years after study
Employment rate two years after study
Examples of related scholarships
Milford Community Charitable Trust
Milford Community Charitable Trust - Simon Connolly
Determined by the Trustees
This information comes from Generosity New Zealand. For more scholarships, search their givME database (formerly called BreakOut) via your college, university or local library website.
Where does this information come from?
NZQA supplies this information based on material from the course provider.
Key Information for Students
Minimum requirements: If under 20, NCEA Level 3 English and Chemistry or equivalent. If over 20, evidence of effective communication skills and proficiency in chemistry. Where English is a second language, Academic IELTS 6.5 with no band under 6.0.
Detailed requirements: See provider website for more details about entry to this qualification.
|Student fees (what you pay)||$5,935||$17,806|
|Government tuition subsidy (what the government pays)||$9,474||$28,421|
A Compulsory Student Services Fee may be charged, see your provider for details.
Successful course completions 86%
National Graduate Outcomes
Outcomes for students who completed qualifications at the same level and in the same subject area, three years after completion:
|In further study||N/A|
|On a benefit||N/A|
All KIS information is the most recent data available and relates to domestic students only.
The Key Information for Students data is compiled by the Tertiary Education Commission based on information provided by tertiary education providers and the Ministry of Education.
Remember to check the provider’s website for further details.